Green Herb Pesto Pasta admin
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 cups parsley leaves and stems
- 1 cup coriander leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup CocoEarth liquid coconut oil (80 ml), plus 2 teaspoons (10 ml) extra
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 400 g linguini
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Pulse herbs and garlic in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. With processor running slowly add CocoEarth Liquid Coconut Premium Oil. Add Parmesan and pulse to combine. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Toss drained pasta with pesto.
- 3 Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle remaining oil into pan, add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes until tomatoes soften. Reduce heat to low, add reserved pasta water and simmer a further 3 minutes.
- 4 Top pesto pasta with tomatoes and sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese to serve.
Why CocoEarth Liquid Coconut Oil goes best with Recipes ?
- CocoEarth LCO has very mild coconut flavour so no typical coconutty smell.
- Easy to use – It stays Liquid and more Healthy