“I’m on a keto diet”, says countless people a jillion times. But how many of them understand the meaning of it? Are you aware of the keto diet and all that there is to know about it? Let’s break it down in an easy-to-understand manner.
What is Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet is a low-carb and high-fat diet. The carbohydrate intake is reduced, replaced with fat. This reduction process puts the body into a metabolic state called ketosis. During this state, the body burns fat for energy and turns fat into ketones in the liver, supplying energy to the brain. The keto diet reduced blood sugar and insulin levels. Having understood all about the keto diet, let’s move on to what food items fall in the keto category.
Foods to Eat on Keto Diet
- Red meat, beef, ham, barbecue, bacon, chicken, and turkey
- Fatty fish: salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel
- Coco Earth Grass-Fed Ghee Butter and heavy cream
- Cheese: unprocessed cheeses such as cheddar, goat cheese, milk cheese, blue cheese, or mozzarella
- Nuts and vegetables, such as almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and so on.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, Coco Earth MCT Oil, avocado oil, and Coco Earth Liquid Coconut Premium oil.
- Avocados or freshly produced guacamole, Coco Earth Almond flour can also be used for a keto meal.
- Low-carb vegetables: leaf beans, potatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
It is safest to focus your diet on whole, single-ingredient food items. Unsure of where to start and what to eat? Here’s our 5-day meal plan to kick-start your ketogenic diet.
Keto Diet: 5-Day Meal Plan
- Egg muffins with veggies.
- Chicken salad with feta cheese, olives, and olive oil.
- Asparagus cooked in butter and salmon
- Spinach omelette with some veggie salad.
- Peanut butter, almond milk, strawberry blended with cocoa powder into a keto smoothie.
- Cheese-shell tacos with your favourite salsa dip.
- Nut milk chia pudding with blackberries and coconut.
- Shrimp salad with avocado and salsa sauce.
- Pork chops with broccoli, salad, and Parmesan cheese.
- Avocado omelette with peppers, spices, and onion.
- Celery sticks with guacamole and salsa and a handful of nuts.
- Pesto and cream cheese with grilled zucchini and chicken on the side.
- Sugar-free yogurt with berries, fruits, and nuts.
- Zucchini and beet noodle salad.
- Whitefish, kale, and toasted pine nuts cooked in Coco Earth Liquid Coconut Premium oil.
Try to rotate your meat and vegetables over the long term. You want to incorporate all different nutrients and minerals in your diet to obtain the best health benefits. Here are some helpful tips and tricks for your keto diet.
Tips and Tricks for Keto Diet
- Begin by being acquainted with food labels and testing the grams of calories, carbohydrates, and fibre to see if your favourite food blends into your diet.
- Planning your meals ahead of time helps enable saving time during the week.
- Fast and easy way to eat keto meals at home is to contact certain meal delivery providers that deal with keto-friendly food items.
- When pressed for time, go for ready-to-eat keto meals.
The Keto diet is popular worldwide, so you will never experience trouble finding keto-friendly food anywhere. If you wish to buy keto food online in Australia, we can deliver some lip-smacking options. We have a collection of healthy products for you so you can start your keto journey with us!