Food to eat during keto diet
1. Low carb vegetables:- In keto diet, one can have low carb vegetables like kale, spinach, mushrooms, celery, cauliflower and zucchini.
2. Healthy fats and oil:- One can have healthy fats and plant based fats on a healthy keto diet like butter and ghee, MCT oil and MCT powder, Coconut oil, Olive oil etc.
3. Low Sugar fruits: – Most of the fruits are rich in sugar and carbohydrates. In case one is craving for the fruit, one can have low sugar fruits like avocados, strawberries, raspberries and cranberries.
4. Herbs and spices:- One can add any spices and herbs in their food to add flavor just to make sure that they don’t have any sugar in that.
5. Meat, eggs and nuts:- All meats and sea food include in a keto diet like beef, chicken, shellfish, pork, eggs, macadamia nuts and almonds unless its not fried.
1. Grains:- As the grains are rich in carb, so it is best to avoid grains in keto diet like pasta, rice, oats, rye and corn.
2. Starchy veggies:-One have to avoid starchy veggies in a keto diet like potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots etc.
3. Seed oils: – All the seed oils like corn oil and peanut oil are highly processed and gets oxidised on heating so it has to be avoided in keto diet.
4. High sugar fruits:- Many of fruits are rich in fructose so one have to avoid that fruits in keto diet like mangoes, pineapple and apples etc.
5. Beans and legumes: – Most of the vegetarians usually depends on beans and legumes like kidney beans, chickpeas which are rich in carb so it must be avoided in keto diet.